BEAD PACK ONLY with Beads & fabric.
Grey Chenille: Couture Hand Bead Embroidery
PURCHASE AN INSTRUCTIONS DIGITAL FILE KIT SEPARATELY.
NO INSTRUCTIONS OR DESIGN INCLUDED.
Size: 18cm X 15cm (7” x 6”)
Skill Level: Beginners & Enthusiasts.
This is a hand bead embroidery project. (Using a needle)
“Chenille is a soft, feathery yarn beloved by many weavers & embroiderers, and it gets its name from the French word for caterpillar. The first chenille was developed in 18th-century France. “
In this project you will learn how to handle this velvety sumptuous fibre. Using a needle, you will create leaves in this stunning medium. Mixed in with ribbon embroidery flowers, ribbon loop work, beading & embroidery you will create a vintage looking piece perfect to use as a home interior accessory.
- Materials: all beads, threads, silk ribbons, chenille needed to complete this kit
- Needles: Beading Needles size 10, crewel needle size 9, chenille needle size 22, milliners straw size 8
- Fabric: 1 piece of calico fabric, 1 piece of silk dupion fabric.
- Dress makers carbon: for pattern transfer onto fabric
You will need to supply:
- 1 x 18” x 16” min roller bar / slate frame
- 2 x meters x 3cm cotton webbing for side lacings
- 2 x quick grip clamp 15” Irwin brand
- How to put the fabric onto a frame
- Transferring pattern to fabric.
- Starting and finishing techniques.
- Using a needle, create leaves in chenille, scrolls in satin stitch, cast on stitch, flowers in sequins & silk ribbons,
- Couture Hand bead embroidery techniques: satin stitch, cast on stitch, sequin flowers, silk ribbon flowers, single seed bead anchor, running stitch, whip stitch sequin rope-work and single bead stitch.
- Frame your work when finished